As the Department of Social Pedagogues at Nelson Mandela School we focus on the social-emotional development of the children in our care. We are an international and multi-professional team, which gives us the opportunity to cater for the diverse needs and interests of the students.
We are responsible for counselling, accompanying and supporting the children as well as for fostering social skills, communication abilities and creative resources. Corner stones of our daily work are
- Delivery of the subject “Social learning”
- Delivery of “Ganztagsstunden” (informal learning lessons)
- Organisation and delivery of extra-curricular activities
- School Clubs
- Courses provided by external entities
Within this framework our goal is to
- Develop the children´s communication capabilities
- Foster empathy
- Enable the students to exchange arguments in a constructive way
- Create an atmosphere of trust and openness in the classes and groups to ensure that everyone can participate fully
- Give all students the opportunity to strengthen their self-esteem, to become self-reliant and to take responsibility for their actions
Every class has an allocated member of our team and in close cooperation with the teaching staff caters for the everyday needs of the children and their families. Please contact us with any queries you might have.
Your Department of Social Pedagogues